Friday, June 26, 2009

NEED FOR SPEED!,?.

Gone were the days we spend less than 10 minutes checking our emails. Remember the good old days when we have to wait for 30 seconds for dial-up, listening to the sweet serenity of the connecting sound? Well no more, this day and age, everything is about speed, speed, speed! So fast my friends and colleagues are complaining I walk in 6th gear and I drive like speedy Gonzales... (dang!). So fast, my mom don't understand why my fingers is like an octopus when it comes to sms and msn. So fast, that I'm typing in short forms now, Y2K? H1N1? (dang!). So fast, we have multiple bi-elections one after another in less than a year (dang!).

Because technology is advancing so rapidly, it is also causing us to live rapidly although my grandma thinks that RapidKl is not living up to it's name, but that's another story. July is coming but most people still have fresh memories of Chinese New Year and Valentine's Dinner. For me, I still remember organizing storage space for Dama Orchestra in November 08' during my internship. It was just like it happened yesterday.

Speeding up, Facebook is really taking the world by storm. You know how brushing teeth, driving, watching TV, eating, bathing is like our way of life, a lifetstyle? Well logging into facebook twice, trice or all day long has become our way of life. How not to? We need to feed our pet society daily. Our fingers gets itchy if we don't poke that good friend of ours. And let's not forget making sure we're on top of the Bejewelled charts! And yeap, you got that rite, to be on top you've gotta be? FAST! Phew..I'm panting just typing this entry.

Just something that came across my mind in the midst of exploding colourful gems. No wonder i'm not on the top of the charts (dang!)

No comments:

Post a Comment