Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FLY CUCKOO BIRD...FLY!

I would like to personally thank those who came and supported Cuckoo Birds at The Annexe last week. The show was well received and we had a full house almost every day. Working with the Singaporean team from Cake Theatrical Productions was indeed a learning experience and I'm looking forward to more collaborations in future.

Incidentally,Cuckoo Birds would be my first management project after graduating from college. My role in previous productions was more of an assistant and I'm usually used to the idea of executing tasks rather than calling the shots. Production managing and stage managing differs with a very fine line, so fine you could almost miss it. I'm very used to stage managing and rather fresh to production managing but nevertheless somehow managed to pull through without experiencing a nervous breakdown or going cuckoo.... :p Body quite tired though -_-"

A special someone told me that the bird has finally left the nest and it is somewhat a strange feeling that I need to get used to. With great power comes great responsibility and I would like to add, with great responsibility comes great reliability (scary)! Imagine the whole wide world is relying just on you (arghhh...home alone style). Most of the time, I'm on my toe nails ready to meet any challenges that crops-up in between production and unlike college or internship programs, there is no room for mistakes! In the words of Glory played by Anne James "WE MUST NOT WAVER!". Cuckoo Birds was indeed a very tight production as the team had less than a month of production time frame to work with.

This show has been a valuable experience and I understand so clearly why my lecturers were hard on us during our training. They were preparing us for challenges to come when we leave the nest! Once you fly away, you're on your own feathery creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment