Monday, September 27, 2010

NZ MUSSELS & JAPANESE SALAD FOR SUPPER ANYONE?

TV is extremely influential. It draws you in and sometimes cause you to salivate DEPENDING what channel you're watching. Well it wasn't Jessica Alba on HBO or Eva Longoria on StarWorld that almost got me drooling. Instead, I was watching Discovery Travel & Living yesterday and this dude was harvesting fresh mussels from the ocean and baked it immediately under dried burning hay. Within minutes, everyone congregated and had such a warm fellowship under the stars eating baked juicy mussels. I couldn't resist and knew I must have juicy mussels ASAP!

Discovered Ichiban Boshi at Sunway Giza today and thought it'll be nice to try the PJ outlet cause I love their Suki Yaki set. I'm not sure if there are other outlets in M'sia but I last dined in Ichiban Boshi at The Esplanade, Singapore while waiting for Fried Rice Paradise to begin. Anywayz, after dinner we went to Village Grocer's and I saw this nicely-packed box of New Zealand mussels ready to be consumed by a seafood lover. Mom was ready for a hearty supper so we got our groceries and immediately went home.
Believe it or not, I whipped up this juicy dish in less than 10 minutes. Just enough of olive oil, dried basils and lemon juice was all it took to give those mussels some flavour, simmering under 220 degrees of heat. Of course, I wish I had dry hay to set on fire but a conventional oven does the work too. While waiting, tossed a packet of salad around with Japanese dressing and next thing I know, we were dipping the mussels in Thai green chili sauce watching Journey to The Centre Of The Earth. Mmm...mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment