Sunday, September 12, 2010

AMAZING RACE: THE MAKAN EDITION

Just 1 day before Raya, I had one of those 'spur-of-the-moment' episodes and decided to drive whoever that was a glutton in nature up to Penang for a makan session. Mom was of course stunned but immediately went with the frenzy idea as long she's not the one driving. I figure rather than lazing at home like a python and get all lethargic, might as well do something fun for the family.

Dad had plans while Aunty Mona from Japan who was suppose to tag along had a horrible case of tummy cramps so could not go. Ended up it was just me and mom who felt that, if we made it through this trip alive, we may join Amazing Race Asia: Season 5 next year, hahaha!

We left about 11ish in the morning and throughout the journey we were planning our makan stops while listening to Beyonce, PCD and Nelly Furtado doing their thang! Around 3 we finally crossed the Penang Bridge and was all excited to hit Gurney Street for lunch. Low and behold, while waiting for the traffic light at Burma Street, a MyVi knocked into my BGM2007's ass! Ouch! Had to go to the left and find out what's with that dude. Found out he was also the victim cause the Vios behind him banged into his ass at tremendous velocity. Poor MyVi was a victim of a sandwich and although the sound was pretty loud, BGM2007 suffered only
some scratches while the other two cars had pretty bad dents. One thing for sure, non of us did any emergency break and gathered the Vios whacked the MyVi because he was kei por-ing a car breakdown a couple of metres away and did not realize the cars in front were all stopping for the red light! ISHHHH...

With a tummy without lunch, we all had to go to the police station to make reports. Well I wanted to settle it there and then but the MyVi's mom wouldn't wanna pay if she could not claim from the insurance so we all went to the nearest police station. Okay, the system to make a report was extremely silly! I dunno what izit like in KL cause I never knock people in my life, honest, so this was a new thing.

First, they don't let us park in the station compound although there were like a lot of space inside!!! Nevermind! Went in there and was handed a form to fill from the counter. Okay, the format to report was pasted on the wall so we just had to copy it by hand and fill up the details. I thought they could have just printed the format on the form itself and we fill up the details but NEVERMIND! Once I was done filling the form, I handed it to the officer and was given a number then. Duh, he could have given me the number while I was filling up the form right? NEVERMIND! When it was my turn, I gave the officer my form and guess what??? The officer RETYPE everything I wrote into the computer system. Hello? Do I really have to fill up the form by hand in the first place? NEVERMIND! After all that, the officer got everything into the system, saved it and asked me
to see Inspector whatever his name was in the ot
her room. He said wait and for 10 minutes, he said nothing except clicking the mouse non-stop. To show how greatly connected their systems are, the Inspector had my details in his computer. Finally, he spoke, asked me morbid questions and updated the details. Photocopied my IC and driver's license, and said to come back on Monday after Raya to collect my report! I left the station at 5ish!

I told myself this silly encounter was not going to ruin my plans so immediately headed to Gurney Drive and had our lunner (lunch + dinner); BBQ sotong, ikan bakar, patsumbor, lok-lok and hokkien mee!

Checked into Gurney Hotel and the room was luxurious with sea view! Took 3 hours of nap to re-charge and went out for supper at Carnovan Street; kuey teow th'ng, lor bak, chee cheong fun, char kuey! Next day breakfast at Little India; mee goreng. Went back hotel for body massage spa and then checked out. Lunch at Air Itam; assam laksa, cendol, curry mee and rojak!

Penang, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment