Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IN THE NICK OF TIME!

Today was like any other ordinary Tuesday. Then Roger started noticing the 'signs' (jeng jeng jeng).

I went into office during lunchtime and was ready to strike off my to do list one by one for the day. It was one of those days where I have to be on the road the whole day. Decided to bring the interns along for a jalan-jalan session and also introduce them to some important places. Told myself we should be back by 5pm.

The signs! After spending some time on the road, Roger couldn't help but notice that every traffic light I drove pass was constantly, and he meant literally constantly switching at yellow and I happen to beat it all.

Then we had to drop something off at Asia Jaya and I thought I should at least call the person to see if she is there. Ironically, the person picked up the phone and was rather surprised at my timing as she had just returned from an extended lunch appointment.

Got that sorted out and decided to head str8 to Jalan Gasing to settle some EPF stuff. As we walk into the main entrance, this short security fellow pointed a toy gun looking thingymegic at my forehead to scan my body temperature. Of course it felt weird but I just went with the flow. Took my number, walked into the waiting room and before I could even look for a seat, my number was on the board and we had to run all the way to counter 22. And if that wasn't enough of a shocker, the sweet lady told us that they close at 4.45pm and when I look at the clock that was behind er, it was 4.43pm! We were like...NO WAYYYYY...

Fooyoh, all in the nick of time and yeap, we managed to be back in the office by 5pm! Freaky if you ask me...

No comments:

Post a Comment