Monday, May 25, 2009

IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE!

It was an honest mistake... (sigh). This is how the story goes...

I've been working with the backstage crew for a week now for Prince Siddhartha: The Musical and we've been like a family to each other. Yes, we have our differences and believe it or not, in this very short duration of time, we have gotten onto each other's nerves more often than not. But the beauty of it all is that, we somehow manage to separate between work and personal and come what may, we still eat and laugh together-gether during our very short (and I mean very short) breaks in between schedules.

Welcome to room F4, situated at the ground floor backstage area of Istana Budaya. This is our very own cosy Production Room where we enter to start our day and end it as well. Here, we charge our walky-talkies, keep our bags and other production related stuff, I repeat, production related stuff.

So I needed a cup to get a drink from the water cooler and as I opened the door, a crew was bending over ruffling for some stuff on my right. I gave him a smack on his butt, walked directly to the table, and asked him in canto, ooi, what are you looking for lar... and there was this ackward silence in the room for a few seconds. The other two crew in front of me stood there blank and finally, she asked me, errrm, who do you think that was? I turned around and BAM! It was someone that I do not know, and I was like, errm, what are you doing in this room? Of course, my two trusty crew laughed like crazee...

And he innocently answered in canto, I was looking for some cds that the front of house people placed in your production room. And I took a look at him and he was dressed exactly the way we backstage crew dressed, dark blue jeans and black t-shirt but he wasn't a backstage crew member but a front-of-house usherer... aiyoh yoh...

How embarassing that was larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................

Note to self, butts are never meant to be smacked! And Ummi totally, completely, 100% positively, disagree with this note.

No comments:

Post a Comment