Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE MEANING OF HAPPINESS...


It is the simplest things in life that makes us happy. More often than not, we take these little things for granted and instead, chase after big things that we think would bring us happiness more than anything else. I've personally come to realization that if I do not take five and start thinking about what really makes me happy, I'll end up chasing nothing but the wind and that would be simply meaningless?


As I was having my hair cut yesterday, I came across this article on FHM magazine regarding the Top 10 Feelings in Life. Well, I did some thorough reflection on my own and here's my personal 25 Blissful Feelings in Life (and no, it does not involve orgasm as mentioned in the magazine!). See if anything hits the spot for you (no, not that spot!)


25: Driving on a Sunday morning.

24: Being greeted by a cool gentle breeze at 7am.

23: Sweet, uninterrupted dream.

22: Going out and reaching home safely.

21: A warm shower after a long day at work.

20: Staring into the wonders of nature - sunrise, sunset, rainbow, rainy day, sunny day...

19: Leaving the saloon with a fresh new haircut

18: Coming out of the sauna / resting by the pool chair after a swim.

17: Winning a card game.

16: Receiving a compliment or an encouragement.

15: Walking the talk, fulfilling a promise!

14: Being on time...

13: Finally found a missing item - keys, pen, remote control...

12: Remembering the good old days by flipping the photo album.

11: Grandma's dinner

10: The first bite of a warm-chocolate cake oozing with hot chocolate sauce.

9: Discover a revelational truth or uncovering a new fact.

8: Meeting a primary/high-school friend after so many years.

7: Donating to a fund-raiser, charity or NGO.

6: To love and be loved by a special someone.

5: Banking in my paycheck at the end of every month.

4: Putting a smile on someone else's face.

3: Parents being proud of my work.

2: Wrapping-up a production after curtain call on the last day of performance.

1: Looking back from 25-2, knowing God has been watching over me all along.

1 comment:

  1. now who's tat special someone.. adrian, come on.. i know its me.. lol wtf kidding... better tell me the truth :P

    ReplyDelete