Friday, February 13, 2009

'QUICKSAND' BY BRITNEY SPEARS

Found this song in YouTube that I felt very encouraging and meaningful. For those who feel like they are 'sinking" into a situation or circumstance, this song is for you :p

Quicksand (written by Lady GaGa) is actually a bonus track found in Britney's latest release, Circus and it is only limited to certain countries only. Enjoy :p


LYRICS

I can see your coat hanging on the door,
Never let anybody put one there before,
My pillow's got your head printed on it,
Baby you're all I've got,
You were my favorite,

Don't ask... me why,
I just can't say goodbye,
No, not... tonight,
No, I just can't say it,

CHORUS
Cause I'm gonna hold on,
Yeah, I'm gonna hold on,
Baby, we gotta keep holding on to what we have,
Cause I don't wanna move on,
No, I gotta hold on,
Baby, because you and me are sinking,
like quicksand (like, like) (3x)
Baby, because you and me are sinking,
like quicksand (like, like),
like quicksand (like, like),
baby, like quicksand (like, like),
Baby, cause you and me are sinking,
like quicksand,

You came along,
I didn't know of love,
But now I know that sometimes,
it's just not enough,
I hear your footsteps in my corridor,
But it is just my heart,
it's pounding like before,

Wish I... could try,
But I just can't say goodbye,
No, not... tonight,
No, I just can't say it,

(Chorus)

Cause the ground is breaking
I can feel it shaking
Wish it was that easy
But it's not that easy
Gotta hold my hands up
Gotta keep my head up
Gotta keep on breathing
Baby, even if we're sinking
even if we're sinking
Baby, even if we're sinking
even if we are sinking

Cause I just just gotta gotta

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment